Moving fromTennessee to St. Louis has been an enlightening experience. In the twelve years I have lived in St. Louis I have grown to love the people and culture. I have written some of my thoughts for those of you from the Midwest that wonder what a southern person is thinking!
* When we say “coke” we mean all soda products not just coke-cola.
* “Where are y’all’s buggies?” This means, “where are you guy’s shopping carts located?”
* When I say “fixin” this means, “I am going to do this.”
* “Bless your heart” can mean two things -“awww that’s sad, I feel bad for them” or “poor thing, they have no since!”
Some words of warning to my southern friends:
* If you ask for tea in restaurants, they give you unsweetened!
* Our biscuits are their bagels
* In St Louis, Baseball is where it’s at, not Football.
* Hummus is actually really yummy!
* And finally, if a person from St. Louis asks you where you went to high school, you may just pass for a St. Louisian!